08/11/2016 - Maynes take the right Route at industry awards
Kevin Mayne is Manager of the Year
Team Mayne were an exceptional finalist in the medium coach operator category and Kevin Mayne brought home the manager of the year award at the route one awards. We are a family driven company that strives to maintain exceptionally high standards. There were winners and finalists from small family operators to large U.K. Wide fleets, some that are far larger than our wee family company up in the north of Scotland.
Kevin said '' I'm shocked but proud to have been awarded a manager of the year award that I dedicate to everyone that's been involved in the company since my great grandad Jimmy Mayne started it in 1947 ''
''Without our fantastic people, that have driven our family company forward in every role, with the passion and excellence in everything they do, we would not have the recognised company we have today''
The winners of the 2016 routeone Awards were announced last week (2 November) at a prestigious ceremony attended by over 800 industry professionals at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. The awards extend support to the coach and bus industry and are specifically designed to reward the operator. Launched in 2005 and now in its 12th year, the routeONE Awards is firmly established as the number one event in the coach and bus industry calendar. Among the 16 categories there are 10 for operators and five for people, while the Partnership of the Year recognises operators and local authorities (or others) who worked together to deliver high quality coach or bus services. The panel of five industry experts had the daunting task of refining another record breaking number of entries!
Simon Coe, group director at Diversified UK, says: “The routeone Awards are the most important annual celebration of the very best in the business. The incredible standard (and record number) of entries across the board for 2016, reflects a thriving industry and is a testament to the strength of commitment of the individuals working within it. Congratulations again to all our fantastic winners.”
The routeONE Awards had been a sell-out event weeks before, filling to capacity the Hilton Birmingham Metropole’s largest function room. BBC’s Steph McGovern returned to host the evening with Marcus Brigstocke entertaining us all. Marcus is a major British comedy talent as writer, actor, presenter and performer.
routeone Awards 2016 winners:
· Engineer of the Year, large operator (over 150 vehicles): John Bickerton, Reading Buses
· Engineer of the Year, small/medium operator (up to 150 vehicles): Cedric Dalton, Arriva Midlands in Tamworth
· Environment Award: Arriva North West
· Excellence in Minibus Operation: Passenger Plus
· Innovation of the Year: Epsom Coaches, Digital Walk-Round Checks
· Large Bus Operator of the Year (over 150 vehicles): Nottingham City Transport
· Large Coach Operator of the Year (over 50 vehicles): Edwards Coaches
· Manager of the Year, large operator (over 150 vehicles): Martijn Gilbert, Reading Buses
· Manager of the Year, small/medium operator (up to 150 vehicles): Kevin Mayne, Maynes Coaches in Buckie
· Medium Bus Operator of the Year (51-150 vehicles): Ensignbus
· Medium Coach Operator of the Year (16-50 vehicles): Lakeside Coaches
· Operator Training Award: National Express West Midlands
· Partnership of the Year: South East Dorset Voluntary Quality Bus Partnership
· Small Bus Operator of the Year (1-50 vehicles): Central Buses, Birmingham
· Small Coach Operator of the Year (1-15 vehicles): Austin Travel, t/a Capital Scotline/ AT Travel in Edinburgh
· Special Award: Cyril Kenzie, Kenzies Coaches in Shepreth
This year’s judging panel included former Volvo MD Steve Dewhurst, former traffic commissioner Chris Heaps, former Proudmutual director Tony Kennan, former Stagecoach commercial director Peter Nash, and former Plaxton sales director Kevin Wood. It was chaired by former routeone editor Mike Morgan.
Visit the awards page herehttp://routeoneawards.com/
Visit the maynes page here www.maynes.co.uk